Facts about Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai
The Palm Island in Dubai or Palm Jumeirah as it is called is the largest artificial island designed and built entirely by man-made in the waters of the city of Dubai, where it was built with a unique design manufactured from a group of artificial archipelagos.
The island of Palm Jumeirah is one of the most important landmarks in Dubai, which includes the most famous resorts in Dubai, including Atlantis, The Palm, which is the most important tourist attraction in Dubai, UAE.
The Palm Jumeirah in Dubai is a place full of great dining options, with transportation and the subway making it easy for visitors to Dubai to reach the various hotels, restaurants and landmarks on the island. It is one of the best places to visit in Dubai.
Palm Jumeirah Island
- Palm Jumeirah is one of the most important landmarks of modern Dubai, and it combines three artificial islands built on the coast of Dubai and designed in the form of a large palm with many branches surrounded by a huge crescent.
- The Palm Jumeirah project was established in Dubai to attract more tourists to the UAE to reduce the country’s dependence on oil trade revenues.
The Palm Islands in Dubai are divided into:
– Palm Jumeirah Island.
– Deira Island.
Construction of the Palm Jumeirah
- The year 2001 was the starting point for the construction of Palm Jumeirah through Al Nakheel Real Estate Development Company, as part of a large engineering project that was built in several phases.
- Luxurious housing units were established within the Palm Island site and were fully handed over to their owners only 4 years after the start of the construction of Palm Jumeirah in 2005.
- One of the most important facts about the Palm Island in Dubai is that it is considered one of the largest artificial islands in the world, and it was said that it is the eighth wonder in the world.
- One of the most important figures about the Palm Jumeirah in Dubai is that the cost of building the Palm Jumeirah amounted to 12 billion dollars.
- The island of Palm Jumeirah was designed by Helman Hurley Charvat Peacock Company under the supervision of Nakheel Real Estate Company.
Enjoy a unique experience on the Palm Island beaches
- On the Palm Jumeirah beaches, you can enjoy riding open-top double-decker buses.
- One of the most activities that you can do on Palm Jumeirah Dubai is a half hour helicopter ride, and gets the most beautiful pictures of the island from the horizon.
- Skydiving in Dubai is one of the most beautiful activities that attract many tourists who go to the Palm Jumeirah area to experience skydiving and see the unique shape of the entire island.
The Palm Island hotels are distinguished by international services
- Palm Jumeirah in Dubai includes more than fifteen five-star hotels.
- The most famous hotels in Palm Jumeirah are: One&Only The Palm Jumeirah Hotel, Hilton Hotel, Atlantis The Palm Hotel, which is the best Dubai hotel on the Palm at all, in addition to the Imperial Palace Hotel, The Palm Hotel, Bnbme Luxury on the Palm Dubai, Kingdom of Sheba Hotel.
- It contains more than 3,500 hotel rooms.
- JA Hotel is Located near Palm Jumeirah, on Jebel Ali Beach. It is one of Dubai’s distinctive, quiet and comfortable hotels for visitors.
Report on the Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai
- Divided in the form of a palm tree in four sections, the first section is the trunk of the palm. • The second section of the Palm Jumeirah is the stem of the palm or the centre of the palm. • The third section consists of seventeen palm fronds.
- The fourth and final section is the circular crescent surrounding the palm, and it is a wave breaker that surrounds the palm from all directions.
- Nakheel Real Estate Company established the Palm Islands, and designed the island bridge to connect the trunk of the palm with the land area outside the island.
- The company designed a tunnel for cars to cross between the Crescent and the Palm Centre.
- The width of the crescent surrounding the island is 200 meters, while its length is approximately 17 meters.
- From engineering information on the Palm Island in Dubai, a railway was established to cross the Palm electric train, which passes over a distance of 1,000 meters to connect the trunk lane of the Palm, which is the main station for the train, and the Atlantis Hotel on the island’s shore.
- It’s called Dubai Palm, Palm Jumeirah and Palm Island.
Palm Jumeirah Location
- The location of the Palm in Dubai on the western side of the Mall of the Emirates, north of the Dubai Marina Walk
Information about the Palm Island in Dubai
- Palm includes a number of parks, and it is necessary to take a tour of Palm Jumeirah restaurants that serve the best meals.
- Palm includes the Jumeirah Walk; It is a picturesque and charming walkway, containing a large number of shopping centers, linking Dubai Marina and Jumeirah Island.
Best places for tourism on Palm Jumeirah Island
- Aquaventure Park is one of the most important tourist places in Dubai. It is a water park suitable for children and adults.
- Aquarium corridors designed completely under the water to be able to see fish and sharks through the glass barriers.
- You can enjoy shopping through the many shopping centers located on both sides of the Jumeirah Walk.
- On the beaches of Palm Island, you can ski, windsurf and paddle board.
- The Palm Jumeirah is characterized by many luxury restaurants, especially in Pier 7 and Fairmont Club.
Hotels at Palm Jumeirah
1- Five Palm Jumeirah Hotel
Five Palm Jumeirah Dubai is located at the entrance of the iconic island, Palm Jumeirah the hotel perfectly blends incredible, contemporary architectural design with unique, intuitive
service to make you have an amazing and memorable experience. The hotel has 470 guestrooms and suites, spread across 16 floors
2- Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah
Waldorf Astoria has a magnificent location on the iconic Palm , this elegant Dubai resort features an inviting private beach and a wealth of leisure activities, including watersports and tennis. The resort features six distinct restaurants and lounges including European fine-casual cuisine at Social by Heinz Beck, South East Asian flavors at LAO, and the modern pool-side bistro Palm Avenue. You can relax at the tranquil oasis of the grand Waldorf Astoria Spa. The spa features a lush outdoor garden and offers an array of treatments designed to impart a sense of balance and wellbeing. There is also Coco Kids Club offers a variety of activities to ensure your children are kept entertained while you enjoy some time to yourself.
3- Aloft Palm Jumeirah
Aloft Palm Jumeirah is in Dubai’s Palm neighbourhood and Located on a private beach. There is spa services inside the hotel where you can have massage &treatment.
Aloft Palm offers 206 air-conditioned rooms with minibars and safes. Television, Wi-Fi, irons/ironing boards. Housekeeping is provided daily is provided and bathrooms include showers, designer toiletries, and complimentary toiletries.
There are outdoor pool and a children’s pool and many other recreational amenities include a private beach and a 24-hour fitness centre.
4- Atlantis Palm Jumeirah Hotel
It is a 5-star luxury hotel and resort, which considered a Dubai Icon. With views across Dubai’s iconic skyline and Arabian sea, this majestic resort offers unique rooms and unforgettable experiences for everyone. Thrill-seekers can enjoy complimentary access to Aquaventure Waterpark during their stay. Amaze yourself as you gaze at 65,000 incredible marine animals at The Lost Chambers Aquarium which brings the myth of Atlantis to life through a maze of underground tunnels.
Dining in one of the award-winning celebrity chef restaurants, there are more than 29 restaurants.
5- Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort
Anantara Palm Jumeirah is a luxurious five star resort located on the crescent of the iconic Palm. Surrounded by lush gardens, 293 beautifully rooms and villas are uniquely designed with contemporary Asian flair and overlook the tranquil Arabian Gulf or Palm Jumeirah.
This world famous landmark is located just one kilometre from Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai’s main arterial route, and consists of a trunk, a crown with 16 fronds and a surrounding crescent island that forms an 11 kilometre long breakwater. The crown is connected to the mainland by a 300 metre long bridge and the crescent is connected to the top of the palm by a subsea tunnel.
Guests desiring the ultimate private haven can choose a One Bedroom Beach Pool Villa with a personal infinity pool, a One Bedroom Over Water Villa poised over the ocean, or a generous Anantara Two Bedroom Beach Pool Villa that offers the pinnacle of luxury and is ideal for families and friends.
Room Amenities: Individual climate controlled air-conditioning, Iron and ironing board, Luxurious bedding – down comforters, custom duvets, cotton-rich linens and feather pillows, Personal safe, Tea and coffee making facilities, Mini bar, Interactive LCD TV – DVD Player and Ipod docking station, Wi-Fi connection, Bathroom with bathrobe, bathtub, separate rain shower, hair dryer and make-up mirror
Discover an impressive host of leisure amenities. Keep up your exercise routine with a session in the gym or a tennis match. Swim to your heart’s content with a generous number of exotic pools.
6- Villas for rent in Palm Jumeirah Dubai
If you want more and complete privacy, you can rent one of the villas scattered all over the Palm Jumeirah Dubai Island
The Pointe Palm Jumeirah
If you are in Dubai don’t miss the opportunity to visit the Pointe, an exciting new addition to this magnificent island. It is shopping and leisure haven, located right at the sea-facing tip of the iconic Palm Jumeirah’s ‘trunk’, is one of Dubai’s most popular new attractions.
The Pointe Palm Jumeirah extends over an area of 1.4 million square feet. Waterfront entertainment, dining and retail complex offering more than 80 restaurants, shops and leisure attractions.
The Pointe Palm Jumeirah offers gorgeous views of the Arabian Gulf. Visitors can also see the full magnificence of Atlantis The Palm from The Pointe. The promenade walkway divides into the west and east side, with a marina at either end. The two sides are joined by event spaces and a charming plaza in the middle. It also features fountain shows and a variety of waterfront venues for dining and socialising.