Dubai Opera House is one of the best places to visit in Dubai and the most important artistic and cultural destinations in the charming city of Dubai, where it offers many attractive theatrical performances, international concerts and enjoys stunning views of the Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa.
Dubai Opera is a cultural source, as it is a masterpiece of an international design, designed in the form of a distinctive heritage boat, facing the Dubai Mall fountain.
The international architect “Janus Rostock” made the exterior design of the Dubai Opera House, through the distinctive shape of a “heritage dhow boat” to highlight the maritime heritage of the Emirate of Dubai and contains elegant wood interiors, as well as hanging from the ceiling “Najaf Chandelier” that fills the lobby with beauty, and tenderness.
Guide to The Dubai Opera House
- Dubai Opera facilities include the main stage, which is located in the arched part of the hull of the boat, in addition to the sitting rooms, and the orchestra. It can accommodate about 2,000 visitors. Here are the most important information about Dubai Opera:
- Dubai Opera was opened in 2016 through a huge artistic concert by the international artist Placido Domingo and the presentation of 40 opera plays.
- The Dubai Opera House hall accommodates approximately 2,000 people with removable seats.
- The Dubai Opera House is located on Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, near the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Fountain in Downtown Dubai.
- Dubai Opera is the first opera house in the Arabian Gulf region
- Dubai Opera includes an indoor and outdoor theatre, a ballet and concert hall, and a hotel to serve the Opera House’s visitors.
- The Emirati artist Hussain Al Jasmi performed an artistic show on the Dubai Opera stage as the first Arab artist.
- Dubai Opera hosts many theatrical and musical performances, in addition to ballet shows, fashion shows and orchestras.
- The Dubai Opera shows held an artistic concert for the artist Umm Kulthum through the hologram technology, where the audience enjoyed the songs “Enta Omri”, “sert el Hob”, “Lessa Faker” and “Alef Lelah o Lelah”.
- Emaar Properties is the main developer of Dubai Opera within the Opera District project.
Best activities at Dubai Opera House
- Enjoy the view of the interior design in the departments of the house, as it is inspired by marine designs, and gives a sense of elegance and distinction.
- Feeling astonished by the features of the Opera House when watching the upper covered glass garden, which is surrounded by many distinguished and luxurious restaurants, and visiting the opera gallery Dubai.
- Watching special performance at Opera, through musical and theatrical Dubai Opera events. The Opera House also includes art exhibitions and ballet performances, in addition to hosting classical concerts, for all fine art lovers.
- After enjoying listening to and watching shows at Opera and musical performances, do not forget to go to one of the luxurious Dubai Opera restaurants such as the luxurious “Sean Connolly” restaurant, which is located on the deck of the boat, as it serves delicious European foods, in addition to enjoying a distinctive view of Dubai. Also, the loft Dubai Opera restaurant, its design pays homage to the unique shape and scale of the Opera building. Each element within the venue explores ideas of the sea, from the oyster with its combination of smooth and textured surfaces, to oceanic tones and colors. The menu contains the best of modern European cuisine with fresh pastas, fire-grilled steaks and delicious seafood, promising something to satisfy all tastes.
- You can also, after completing a visit to the Opera House, visit Burj Khalifa, the most important and most famous landmark in Dubai, with a wonderful view, as it is located just steps away from Dubai Opera.
Here are the best Dubai Opera upcoming shows
Many international celebrities and artists coming to Dubai Opera from all over the world to perform memorable nights and performances. There you will attend a unique charm live.
Dubai Opera Shows 2021 Schedule
|30th June 2021||Music in the Studio||From 190 AED|
|8th July 2021||Faia Younan||From 195 AED|
|9th July 2021||The Sound of Hollywood||From 145 AED|
|15th-16th July 2021||Ragheb Alama||From 400 AED|
|17th July 2021||The Show W Bass||From 250 AED|
|10th Sept. 2021||No Mercy||From 195 AED|
|13th – 18th Sept 2021 & 20th – 25th Sept 2021||Mamma Mia!||From 295 AED|
|30th Sept. 2021||Farruquito||From 250 AED|
|8th-9th Oct 2021||Rock the Ballet X||From 300 AED|
|11th-12th Oct 2021||Rigoletto||From 300 AED|
|21st – 23rd Oct 2021||Devdas||From 275 AED|
|19th Nov 2021||Guy Manoukian||From 250 AED|
|22 Nov – 23 Nov 2021||Dial M for Murder||From 200 AED|
|2nd-4th Dec 2021||Anna Karenina||From 340 AED|
Book Dubai Opera tickets
If you want to watch the Dubai Opera 2020 concerts, you can go to the ticket office in the Opera Plaza on Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard daily from 10 am to 9 pm, or you can buy tickets online by visiting the Dubai Opera website to and find out the prices of the Dubai Opera entry ticket.
Best hotels near the Dubai Opera
Armani Hotel Dubai
∙ One of the most important hotels in the Emirates, Armani Hotel Dubai was designed by one of the most famous designers, Giorgio Armani. It has 11 floors of classic design.
∙ The rooms are distinguished by wonderful decorations, distinctive elegance, in addition to interesting Japanese touches. The room has a modern flat screen, free Wi-Fi, in addition to a mini-bar, a comfortable base for an interesting view of Burj Khalifa.
∙ The hotel includes a special place for relaxation, through the spacious Armani Spa, which provides guests with hot water and personal treatments.
∙ Armani Hotel Dubai contains several distinctive and modern restaurants, where “Armani Hashi” restaurant serves delicious Japanese foods, and the restaurant also includes the best nights for guests.
∙ Armani Hotel Dubai is located near the Opera House, a 5-minute walk away.
Ramada Downtown Dubai hotel
∙ Downtown Dubai is distinguished as one of the best hotels in Dubai because of its privileged location. It is located in the heart of Dubai, near the famous Burj Khalifa, and therefore close to Opera, a few steps away.
∙ Ramada Downtown Dubai includes 181 apartments equipped with the latest facilities that guests prefer.
∙ The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool with a distinctive and interesting view by enjoying healthy sunlight. It also has an indoor pool for children, and children’s playrooms.
∙ The hotel has a fitness center, sauna and massage rooms, in addition to an all-day buffet that serves food from different countries.
∙ Ramada Downtown Dubai is located 5 minutes from the Dubai World Trade Centre.
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
∙ Jumeirah Beach Hotel is a 15-minute drive from Opera and close to Wild Wadi Water Park.
∙ You can enjoy sitting under the pleasant sunshine, on the beach of Jumeirah, the hotel also includes a spa center, with all services.
∙ The rooms feature all the amenities that guests prefer, as it includes a modern flat screen, and free Wi-Fi.
∙ Jumeirah Beach Hotel offers the best delicious food, through its distinctive luxury restaurants.