Umm Suqeim Beach Dubai, also known as Sunset Beach, is one of the best places in Dubai to relax; it is easily accessible from Umm Suqeim Park. The park is free to visit throughout the week. Facilities at Umm Suqeim Beach include changing rooms, showers, restaurants and beach library. The beach also has a long jogging track. Sunset Beach or Umm Suqeim Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Dubai for family where you can soak in the sun, grab a bite to eat and spend days with friends and family.
Things to do at Umm Suqeim Beach
- Try your luck at surfing at Umm Suqeim Beach as surfing is popular among the locals as well as tourists. The calm, clear waters and high winds make surfing at Umm Suqeim Beach perfect for first-time surfers and seasoned experts. You can also easily learn how to surf, as there are several companies that offer surfing equipment and lessons. Surf House Dubai and Surf Dubai are two of the most popular companies in the area for surfing lessons, surfboards and kite surfing equipment.
- Another fun activity to do at Umm Suqeim Beach is spotting kite surfers at the nearby Kite Beach. You can simply sit back and watch the amazing kite surfers performing their stunts at the beach.
- If you want to stay fit? Umm Suqeim Beach Dubai has a well-paved jogging track. People frequent this place to run along the beach while enjoying beautiful views of Burj Al Arab. The best time to visit the beach for a walk, jog or run is just before sunset. When the beach is not too crowded, watching the beautiful colors of the sun.
- Packing your snacks and going for a family picnic on a weekend. Kids can spend hours playing in the sand, creating amazing sand art and sandcastles. You can also play board games, beach ball and other fun activities at the beach.
- Going for a swim at Umm Suqeim Beach Dubai. The water has the perfect temperature in summers; therefore people frequent this place for swimming.
- Swimming in Dubai isn’t allowed after sunset but Umm Suqeim Beach is an exception. The beach allows night swimming in the evenings after the installation of the Smart Power light. The Smart Power Lights were installed in 2017, under the Night Swimming
- Dubai project. Since the project was launched, locals have frequently visited the beach to experience Umm Suqeim Beach night swimming.
- Umm Suqeim Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Dubai. The beach is the perfect place for taking mesmerising shots of the Burj Al Arab or swimming in the cool blue waters.
- Umm Suqeim beach has got a beach library, where you can borrow books for free to read on the beach. There is also an area with beanbags and tables for reading. After reading you return the books back to any library unit on the beach. Dubai Municipality has also provided lighting to make it still possible to read at night.
- Go to Mall of the Emirates is 10 minutes away from Umm Suqeim Beach. Apart from shopping, there are plenty of other things to do at the mall. Mall of the Emirates is also home to Ski Dubai, Magic Planet, VOX Cinema, and Yalla! Bowling.
- Timings: Sunday to Wednesday: 10:00am – 10:00pm |Thursday to Sunday: 10:00am – 12:00am
Visit Umm Suqeim Park
Nearby Umm Suqeim Beach Park located in Umm Suqeim 1, is also worth a visit if you’re at Umm Suqeim Beach. The park offers a quiet place to relax, have a picnic or read your favorite book. The park has a Kids’ play area and a café to enjoy snacks and drinks.
Timings: Everyday 08:00 am – 10:00 pm
*Note: entry to Umm Suqeim Park is free and only women and children allowed to visit the Park on weekdays. Men are allowed with families on weekends.
Important information about Dubai Umm Suqeim Beach
- Umm Suqeim Beach Timings: 24 hours
- Facilities at Umm Suqeim Beach: Showers, toilets, mini-marts, night swimming ∙ Entry fee: entry is free
- Nearest Metro Station: First Gulf Bank, Red Line
Umm Suqeim Beach Restaurant
There are many choices of restaurants and cafés near Umm Suqeim Beach. Here are some of the best restaurants there.
Doors Freestyle Grill
One of fine-dining restaurants that will not disappoint you if you want fresh and tasty grills. Their unique menu of fresh cut meat and seafood has been made by internationally acclaimed Chef Kemal Çeylan. Average cost for two: 540 AED approximately
Nomad restaurant is located in Jumeirah Hotel. The restaurant serves a variety dishes, including American cuisine, appetizers and Asian grills, in addition to drinks. The restaurant also has a smoking area.
- Breakfast: from 06:30 AM to 11:00 AM
- Lunch: from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm
- Dinner: from 06:30 pm to 11:30 pm
Abu Jad restaurant
One of the most famous restaurants for its Lebanese, Arabian and Eastern Cuisines, some of popular dishes are Falafel Balls, Chicken Shawarama, Manakeesh and Salad. It is s Known For pocket Friendly, Low Price, Spill Proof Packaging, Wonderful Presentation
Bu Qtair Restaurant is specialized restaurant in seafood and one of the first restaurants with this specialty, which is popular for visitors. Bu Qtair Restaurant is currently considered a great tourist destination to enjoy the distinctive seafood meals, which include fried fish or shrimp, paratha bread that is baked in the restaurant, and rice with curry sauce
Tulum Dubai Restaurant
It is one of the best restaurants in Dubai and specializes in Mexican food. They offer a different dining experience, where you can watch them making different cuisines near your table. In addition to an amazing view of Dubai Fountain
Umm Suqeim Beach Location map
Umm Suqeim Beach is located in the Umm Suqeim 2 Beach District next to Jumeirah Beach Hotel. The Beach is easy to find, at Jumeirah Beach Road, behind Umm Suqeim Park, Dubai