Many are asking how to change mobile number in Emirates ID. The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship always urges citizens to update the mobile number that registered on their Emirates ID card, to support the continuity of providing the best services according to the highest standards of efficiency.
In case changing any data in the ID card, it is important to quickly update it, and the data on the ID card can be modified or updated by visiting the Customer Happiness Centers or any of the Federal Authority’s centers for Identity and Citizenship, also you can change your mobile number and data electronically through the authority’s website, in this article, you will find in detail the steps to how to change mobile number in Emirates ID.
How to change mobile number in Emirates ID?
Through the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship website, the mobile number that registered in the Emirates ID can be easily changed or modified. This service is available to all residents and Emirati citizens, in addition to citizens of the Gulf Cooperation Council countries who hold a valid ID card.
The steps of how to change mobile number in Emirates ID card:
- Initially, the data update platform is opened on the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship website.
- You will be asked to fill in some identification data in order to change the mobile number that registered in the Emirates ID, these data are: the name in English & Arabic as it is in your passport, passport number, date of birth, date of last entry to the UAE, email, in addition to the current nationality.
- After filling in all the required data, fill in the current address and mobile number.
- You will receive a text message on your current mobile number to verify its validity. The text message contains a verification code. Copy it to the field on the site.
- After that, a page with the latest data for your new Emirates ID card will appear to you, review all data and verify its validity, then click on the “Accept” option
- In the last step, you have to pay the mobile number change fee electronically.
Read More: Driving school offers in Dubai
Change mobile number in Emirates ID fee
After answering how to change mobile number in Emirates ID here is change mobile number in Emirates ID card fees for this service, which amounts to 50 AED, including 22 AED for the Federal Authority and 28 AED for the electronic service. If the request to change mobile number is rejected, you will not be able to recover the fees paid.
Update and modify Emirates ID card information
In case you want to update or modify valid Emirates ID data, you must go to any Customer Happiness Centers or to the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship in the Emirates, with your original passport and Emirates ID card, and you shall notify the Authority of the changed data within a month from the date of the change.
As for renewal of the Emirates ID card, it must be renewed within 30 days from the date of its expiration, and in case of non-renewal, a fine of 20 AED will be paid every day and a maximum of 1,000 AED per month.
The identity card can be renewed six months before its expiry date for Emirati citizens. As for residents of the UAE, they can renew the card when renewing their residence visa.
Replacing a lost, stolen or damaged Emirates ID card
How to replace a lost or damaged Emirates ID card?
You must visit any of the Customer Happiness Centers or near Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, to report the incident of damage or loss of your ID card and request a new one with the same previous ID number, as the authority will immediately suspend the effectiveness of the lost card, if the ID card is damaged, the original one must be brought.
It is important to bring papers to prove your identity
You can also report the loss or damage of the ID card electronically through the website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship.
After that, you have to pay the fee, which is 300 AED with a payment of 70 AED to submit the application in the centers, and in the case of applying online it is 40 AED, in case of immediately request for service, an additional 150 AED is added.
Then the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship will follow up and inform you via SMS when you will receive your new ID.
Here we have come to the end of our article of how to change mobile number in Emirates ID.